A new SaaS (Software as a Service) platform, which allows brands to create their own social network and engage directly with consumers, is embarking on a £250,000 funding campaign on Crowdcube.
The GRABR initiative has already been launched successfully in the games (gamesGRABR) and books (bookGRABR) sectors, picking up awards and accolades, with the media describing the former as ‘Pinterest for games – a great place to go for inspiration’.
The GRABR team – headed up by serial entrepreneur Tony Pearce – is now giving brands, retailers and publishers the opportunity to utilise this unique platform to launch their own ‘white label’ social and discovery networks – providing an alternative to the plummeting organic reach of mainstream social networks.
Brands using the GRABR SaaS platform will be able to connect directly with their audience, allowing them to mine improved customer insights and data, promote their products and, ultimately, grow sales.
Already Engage Sports has licensed the technology and will launch its own sports social network in Q4 2016.
GRABR is now speaking to key brands, retailers and publishers in fashion, beauty, travel, music, food & drink, and many more sectors.
The £250,000 GRABR expects to raise via Crowdcube will be used to invest in global sales and marketing, and scale the system integration development team and core platform R&D.
“Facebook and other traditional social networks are making it difficult for companies to engage directly with their consumers,” explains GRABR CEO Tony Pearce. “Organic reach for brands is plummeting - estimates show that Facebook posts reach just one per cent of a brand’s audience. Brands have no control over how they share their content. Importantly, they also don’t have any control over the consumer data or insights.
“Just being a tenant on a social network will not work in the long term. Brands need a new type of social community platform, with higher engagement and data sets for them to monetize.
“The GRABR platform gives brands, retailers and publishers the chance to create their own scalable social platform, and is an elegant solution to the requirements and desires of both the brand and the consumer.
“Given the incredible marketing opportunities afforded by GRABR, we’ve seen growing interest from some of the world’s leading brands keen to license the platform. We are now looking for investment in order to service this demand.”
The GRABR Crowdcube campaign is live now. You can view GRABR’s full pitch at:
A video demonstrating the benefits of the GRABR platform can be found here - www.grabr.co.uk/invest
NOTES TO EDITORS
GRABR is a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform for brands, retailers and publishers.
• Build your own social and discovery platforms quickly and simply
• Full ownership of customer insights and data
• Insight into customers’ purchasing intentions
• An environment where consumers and influencers can build collections, share content and get peer-to-peer recommendations
For more information visit http://www.grabr.co.uk
• 63% of millennials say they stay updated on brands via social networks
• 51% say social opinions influence their purchasing decisions
• 46% “count on social media” when buying online (Leaderswest, 2014)
• Ecommerce sales in 2015 estimated at $1.5 trillion (Criterio)
• Internet advertising made up 35% of the entire ad market in 2015, worth $150 billion (Social Fresh)
VALUATIONS IN THE SOCIAL & DISCOVERY SPACE
• Pinterest valued at $11bn in March 2015
• The Fancy (discovery social network) valued at $1.2bn June 2014
• Twitch (games video social network) acquired by Amazon for $970m in August 2014
• Goodreads (book social network) acquired by Amazon for $150m in March 2013
For further information contact:-
Tony Pearce, GRABR
Tel: +44 (0) 7775 500847
Lisa Carter, Mimram Media
Tel: +44 (0)7970 164201